Long story short
Bell Fire Equipment was established as a part-time business based in a farm shed at Capel in the South West of Western Australia in 1980. Although initially only associated with the business in an advisory capacity, our Managing Director, Jim Ponsonby bought into the business in 1986 and by September 1987 had acquired ownership of the present Company.
Today, with the experience gained after many long years in the Fire Protection Industry, he has provided the wide ranging expertise that has successfully guided the Company to its current competitive position in the market place. This is evident by his understanding of the needs that Industry requires by developing/improving a range of innovative fire protection products.
Jim’s meeting of the market’s demand is re-enforced by the fact that BELL FIRE had up to a 30 strong workforce employed within the various aspects of the Fire Protection Industry. However, currently with the severe economic downturn within Western Australian Industry since 2014, the Staff numbers have had to be drastically reduced down to below half this number.
Nevertheless, despite reduced productivity Bell Fire continues: –
- To manufacture and supply of a broad range of Fire Protection Equipment including Mobile Fire Control Units. The BELL FIREFIGHTER product range is sold throughout Australasia and beyond
- The manufacture of fibreglass fire fighting water tanks, lockers, cabinets, and associated fibreglass products used for fire protection and within general Industry
- The sales, service and installation throughout Western Australia of “Firefighter” brand fire extinguishers, hose reels and fire hose equipment to meet compliance with the various Australian Standards
- The service and installation to Building Code / Australian Standards requirements of automatic fire detection, suppression and sprinkler alarm systems
- The maintenance and service requirements to accredited manufacturer’s standards of SCBA and associated Respiratory Equipment including equipment sales
- The provision of Workplace Fire Equipment Training Programs within Western Australian industry and the general community
- To have long-term fire equipment and SCBA Service contracts with a number of Western Australian companies and Government departments.
Bell Fire Equipment Company is a Gold Member of the Fire Protection Association since 2002.
Bell Fire Equipment Company is registered with the Australian Made Campaign and is licensed to use the Australian Made logo on the products registered with AMCL in accordance with AMCL Code of Practice, the Trade Marks Act 1995 and the Trade Practices Act 1974.